Thursday, September 15, 2016


Wowza, where did the summer go. Our family has been so busy that I haven't been able to join a hop for awhile. We made a family trip to Hawaii, I have a new puppy, and my husband is running for NH State Senate and he is also getting ready to retire from the airlines in February. We also finally finished remodeling the kitchen though I have a little painting yet to do. There has literally been no time to play and when the list came up to join, my daughter said I had to do this one since I had all this new stuff from the Holiday Catalog that hadn't even come out of the box yet. 

This hop is about some of our favorite things from the Holiday catalog. I personally love everything in it, but must practice some constraint in my purchases. (Sure!)

All of our blogs run in a continuous circle. You can start at any point in the lineup and still see the whole hop. In this lineup, I appear at the top of the list, but maybe you started at the bottom and I am the last on your list. Whichever way you start, enjoy the creations we have made from the Holiday Catalog.

My first card is one of my very favorite genres. I love vintage and when I saw Father Christmas, I knew I had to have it.  This card is made with Crumb Cake CS as its base. One of the papers from the Candy Lane DSP is the first layer, which I distressed with scissors and ink. Next I stamped the "frame" pieces and fussy cut and inked them to look vintage. Father Christmas was stamped on Shimmery White and colored using marker and blender pen and fussy cut as well. I used Dimensionals to give the card texture.




My next card uses a very versatile stamp set, Glamper Greetings.  I had a hard time deciding which direction I wanted to go. Whether Christmas, Fall, or a Project Life page. I finally decided on  Christmas. I stamped the cute little camper on Whisper White using Versamark and Silver EP.  To achieve the Christmas lights I colored some now retired Dazzling Details in the clear with re inker and a toothpick to put it on. My trees are from Peaceful Pines and utilizes the Perfect Pines Thinlits.  I used the also now retired white gel pen to add snow to the trees. The stars are stamped in gold and the sentiment with Whisper White Craft Ink. Now being the proud owners of a much larger "camper" I absolutely love the little saying "Home is where you park it" because our camper will now be home for part of the year. 





Every year I try to do a new nativity scene. This one I put in an 8x8 shadow box frame.  The Starlight Thinlits die was used to make the Christmas star. I used the Confetti Stars border punch to get all the smaller stars and adhered them with Fine Tip glue pen. The nativity, town and angel were stamped using Joyful Nativity. I used Versa Mark and Gold EP. Each piece (except the little stars) was adhered using Dimensionals and the new Adhesive Foam Strips to add dimension to the scene.



I hope you have enjoyed my creations and if you are going forward you will go "Next" to Gail's blog. She has some wonderful projects for you to see.






8 comments:

  1. Christine it is so nice to have you back in the hop! All of your projects are unique and wonderful. Thanks for sharing! (Enjoy that new puppy!)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Three gorgeous projects Christine! I love the vintage feel you've given the Santa images. And the snow you've added to your Trees and sparkly glamour lights are so clever and add such depth. And of course I love your Nativity scene too! The Joyful set is gorgeous and the fabulous way you've put these two stamps together. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your three projects Christina. The Nativity scene is really beautiful and special. I haven't been interested in the Glamper set until you shared it in your great little card. And finally I really liked how you added so many details to your Father Christmas card. Very vintage! Thanks for coming back, we've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine, I knew you would be using the Father Christmas set. It is so "you"---the way you take vintage and make it into art. And you didn't disappoint. Your card is absolutely lovely. All that distressing and fussy cutting, combined with your colours, resulted in a card that takes my breath away. The Glamper Greetings certainly makes an unusual but eye-catching card. And, finally, that shadow box Nativity Scene really steals the show, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a busy time - good luck with the puppy - what have you got? and good luck to your Hubby - awesome! I love your cards - my fave is the Santa - I'm a traditional girl at heart and love this image plus I love Christmas stamps we can colour in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could do "vintage" as well as you do! Your Father Christmas card is beautiful. Glamper Greetings is so cute, and you've done a great job showcasing it here. And a lovely nativity scene as well--beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, ladies for all of your comments. I hope to have more time to "play" after November 8.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lubrication Play Bazaar is important when giving a massage. The best lubricants will allow your hands to glide across the Satta King body.

    ReplyDelete